The Helson's

The Helson's

Monday, October 20, 2014

Reluctant momma potty training

To say I was excited or enthuisased about potty training would be the understatement of the year. I did some research on Pinterest of course, and most of the info was about potty training in 3 days. 3 days I think I can be stuck at home for 3 days and not want to shoot myself. Hello longest 3 days ever. 
Day 1 went as planned naked from the waist down. Lots of pee in floor, a momma smart enough to get him to the potty chair to poop, and loads of wet towels. 


Day 2 was some better but not really. I guess I thought he would "get it" and start heading towards the potty when he started to go. Yeah, um not so much. 
But we just gonna keep on keeping on. 

Day 3 I am ready to blow this Popsicle stand. Obviously I can't stay home 3 days and not go stir crazy. This day included pee in the floor, poop in the toilet and a frustrated momma. Patience is a virtue, I'm not always virtueous!! 

Day 4 lands on a Sunday so it's pretty much a bust. He pees in his pull-up at church. Soaks his undies and poops in the floor during life group!! Leader of the year here!! I was mortified! I know I shouldn't be we are all moms and all kids go through it but it was a tad embarrassing and we just put a pull up on him and called it a day. At least he met Batman at church! 


Around day 7 he GOT IT!! He started asking to go potty and realized what the urge was! We are on day 12 and so far so good. He has kept his pull up dry during daily outings and asks to go potty and holds it till we get there, or pees in the parking lot!! Ha ha oh the convience of being a boy! 


I think night training will be hard for us cause this fella loves to drink!! I would have to cut him off at 6pm and momma ain't ready to fight that battle! 
So word to the wise don't believe the 3 day method for every kid but don't give up if they don't get it in 3 days! Maybe it's 7, 15, 30 who knows. Give yourself some grace and know your doing your best momma and good luck!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!