The Helson's

The Helson's

Friday, April 18, 2014

Fell off the wagon

This has been a crazy month. Crazy at work, busy at home, just feels like never enough hours in the day. I started the whole 30 this month, honestly it will end up being the whole 15-20. Not gonna lie this has been way harder this time. I was pumped, ready to do this then BOOM life happens. 


Meal prepping is probably the most important thing for this challenge. It's also the thing I struggle with the most. It's so time consuming and I do ALL the food prep for us. Brian works long hours and is not usually able to help much. Not to mention chopping, cooking, and storing all the food with an 18 month old at your feet is torture at times. Granted these are all excuses, excuses I have used to not fulfill my commitment to this challenge. Fell off the bandwagon and hit several rocks on the way down. 


On my work days it is usually easier cause we are busy and not a lot of time to snack. On the other hand it can be so busy you have no time for a break & you end up eating peanut butter & baked lays all day (readily available in the hospital). Aaahhhh the struggle! At home it's the temptation to eat Isaiah's snacks, a goldfish here, a fruit snack there and before you know it it's a stressed out Friday night and somehow Jets pizza is at your door! 
Brian and I have been sick this week and eating healthy is just not what I have been craving so milkshakes, panera bread and cookies have been on the menu. The month isn't over and I will do my best to try and reel in my inner junk food beast!! Hope everyone has a blessed Easter . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!