The Helson's

The Helson's

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Missed first

I cried today. It's crazy why. I cried because I wasn't there the first time Isaiah threw up. It sounds so silly as I type it but to me it's not. I have always thought about what it would be like the first time my little one gets sick. How I would comfort him, hold him, and just love on him while he's not well. 
I'm not sad I missed out on a sleepless night that's for sure. He was at my mom's and woke in the middle of the night with a fever & threw up. I felt horrible I wasn't there to calm his cries, wipe his tears and rock him to sleep. 
We take for granted our healthy children everyday. I am so thankful he is a full of life little boy but this is a moment I'll never get back. 
Silly? You decide. Any other mommas/dads ever felt this way. 

Much love, 
Charity 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!